All passport applications have to be lodged in person at the Australian High Commission New Delhi or the Australian Consulate-General in Mumbai or Chennai. Applications are not accepted by post.
Children under 16 years do not need to attend interviews.
Book an Appointment
A prior appointment is required for passport applications lodged at the Australian Consulate-General, Mumbai. Appointments can be taken via email email@example.com or telephone +91 22 6757 4900. Passport appointments are conducted from 08.30 am – 12.00 noon Monday through Friday.
Frequent Traveller Passport Update
As of 1 December 2017, applications for the Frequent Traveller Passport (FTP) will no longer be accepted in Australia or overseas.
Mode of Payment
The Australian Consulate-General now accepts all major Debit and Credit Cards for payment of Passport Fees except American Express (AMEX) Cards.
Please click on the relevant links below for more information:
Passport Application Types
- Adult passport, renewal (simplified renewal form)
- Adult passport, apply for their first passport, first adult passport or not able to use simplified renewal form
- Adult passport, apply for a passport in a new name
- Child passport (under 18 years of age), apply for their first passport or renewals
- Child passport (under 18 years of age) without full parental consent