Australian Consulate-General
Mumbai, India

Lost and Stolen Passports

If you believe you have lost your Australian Passport, or if it has been stolen, you should report this as soon as possible. You can do this:


  • by calling us on +91 22 6757 4900 during business hours; OR
  • in person at our office (please take a prior appointment)


You are required by law to report the loss or theft of your passport as soon as possible. Please refer to important information on lost and stolen passports.


What should I do now?

You are required to obtain a police report as proof of the loss or theft of your passport. A police report may also be required by your travel insurance.

To apply for a replacement passport you will need to use the full application form (PC8 Form) as if you are applying for a first passport. You cannot use the simplified renewal form. If you cannot meet the requirements for a new full-validity passport, and you need to travel urgently, you can apply for an emergency passport. Strict conditions apply.