The Australian Consulate-General Mumbai provides a range of consular services. The Consular Services Charter sets the standards of service you can expect from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade when seeking consular assistance. For information about collecting your personal information please read the Consular Privacy Collection Statement.
We provide consular assistance to Australians in the states of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Goa.
If you need immediate help please contact the Australian Government’s 24-hour consular emergency line on +61 2 6261 3305 (from overseas) or on 1300 555 135 (within Australia). Alternatively you can send an SMS to +61 421 269 080.
Travel information for Australians
Get the latest travel advisories and other traveller hints from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
We encourage use of the online registration service by Australians planning to travel or reside overseas for extended periods, and those travelling to locations where there are security risks.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has released its State of Play Report providing details on consular statistics, particular case types and trends in the consular case load.
The Australian Consulate-General is open between 08:30am and 04:45pm, Monday to Friday, excluding some Indian and Australian public holidays. Passport and Notarial Services are by appointment.
Other services for Australians living overseas
- Australian Birth Death and Marriage Certificate
- Police Clearances from Australia
- Tax Returns in Australia (Australian Taxation Office)
- Drivers licence renewal outside of Australia (Driver Licence Issuing Authorities in Australia)
- Benefits and Payments while overseas
- Check your enrolment online
- Information for overseas voters
- Federal & State Electoral Offices in Australia
Returning to Australia
- Information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia
- Taking cats and dogs to Australia
- Importation of Motor vehicles in Australia
- Biosecurity in Australia