All passport applications have to be lodged in person at the Australian High Commission New Delhi or the Australian Consulate-General in Mumbai or Chennai. Applications are not accepted by post.
Children under 16 years do not need to attend interviews.
Book an Appointment
A prior appointment is required for passport applications lodged at the Australian Consulate-General, Mumbai. Appointments can be taken via email email@example.com or telephone +91 22 6757 4900. Passport appointments are conducted from 08.30 am – 12.00 noon Monday through Friday.
Online Passport Applications
The Australian Passport Office has introduced a new portal for clients to complete their passport applications online. This will require clients to first register for an account before completing the passport application.
If clients face any issues when completing the passport application or during the account registration process, clients should contact their closest Australian Embassy, Consulate or High Commission.
Frequent Traveller Passport Update
As of 1 December 2017, applications for the Frequent Traveller Passport (FTP) will no longer be accepted in Australia or overseas.
Mode of Payment
The Australian Consulate-General now accepts all major Debit and Credit Cards for payment of Passport Fees except American Express (AMEX) Cards.
Please click on the relevant links below for more information:
Passport Application Types
- Adult passport, renewal (simplified renewal form)
- Adult passport, apply for their first passport, first adult passport or not able to use simplified renewal form
- Adult passport, apply for a passport in a new name
- Child passport (under 18 years of age), apply for their first passport or renewals
- Child passport (under 18 years of age) without full parental consent