Step 1 - Check your eligibility for an adult passport renewal
Adults who are renewing their Australian passport can use the Australian Passport Renewal Application Form if the following are true:
- you are an adult (over 18 years old) or you are an adult (over 18 years old) who is renewing from a child passport and your most recent child passport was issued when you were 16 years or older, AND
- you are not changing any of your personal details on the passport, AND
- your most recent passport is/was valid for over two years at the time of issue, AND
- your most recent passport has not been reported lost/stolen AND
- your most recent passport is still current or has not been expired for more than 3 years, AND
- you are able to present your current passport at the passport appointment, AND
- you are able to answer the security questions to print the form.
Step 2 - Fill out your application form
Please do not use whiteout on the declaration section. If you make a mistake, you can cross it out and initial next to the change. If you have signed incorrectly, please fill in a new form.
Online: https://online.passports.gov.au/Infiniti/Produce/Account/Login. This link will allow you to confirm that you are eligible to renew your adult passport.
Note: You cannot download blank forms.
After you have completed your form online, print it and sign inside the white box and date the application form. Make sure there are no alterations to signatures or dates.
Step 3 – Photos
Three identical colour photos that are no more than six months old. Please carefully check the Passport photo guidelines to avoid rejection. Home-printed photos are usually not acceptable as there are strict requirements. Please clearly print your full name on the back of one photo. Your photographs do not need to be endorsed by someone else.
Step 4 - Make an appointment to lodge your passport application
For Passport applications lodged at the Australian Consulate-General, Mumbai a prior appointment is required. You can book your appointment via email email@example.com or phone +91 22 6757 4900.
Step 5 - Lodge your application and pay the fee
Applications must be lodged in person at the Australian Consulate-General in Mumbai.
Things to bring:
- The completed and signed Australian Passport Renewal Application form
- Three passport photos
- Your most recent Australian passport. It is important to bring your most recent passport to be eligible for a passport renewal
- Passport Fee
Discontinuation of frequent traveller passport
As of 1 December 2017, applications for the Frequent Traveller Passport (FTP) will no longer be accepted in Australia or overseas.
If you are a frequent traveller, and your passport has filled up but won't expire for more than two years, you can pay less for a 34-page 'replacement passport' that covers the remaining validity of your old passport. Alternatively you can pay the full fee to get a new passport with 10 years' validity.
Fees are set in Australian dollars, and converted into Indian Rupees. The exchange rate is reviewed monthly.
We are only able to accept payment in Indian Rupees. Payment at our office can be made by Credit or Debit cards.
We do not accept American Express (AMEX) Cards.
Passport Type: Fee
- 10 year validity passport (for persons aged 18 and over) INR 19,300 (AUD 432)
- Replacement passport INR 8,350 (AUD 187)
Allow up to 3 weeks to receive your new passport. If you have any questions, call us at +91 22 6757 4900 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org