Step 1 - Check your eligibility for an adult passport renewal and mailed in passport application
Adults who are renewing their Australian passport can use the Australian Passport Renewal Application Form if the following are true:
- you are an adult (over 18 years old) or you are an adult (over 18 years old) who is renewing from a child passport and your most recent child passport was issued when you were 16 years or older, AND
- you are not changing any of your personal details on the passport, AND
- your most recent passport is/was valid for over two years at the time of issue, AND
- your most recent passport has not been reported lost/stolen AND
- your most recent passport is still current or has not been expired for more than 3 years, AND
- you are able to present your current passport at the passport appointment, AND
- you are able to answer the security questions to print the form.
If you can answer yes to all the above, complete your passport renewal application form (PC7) and refer the mailed-in application process
If you do not meet these criteria, you willl need to lodge your application in person, by prior appointment only.
Step 2 - Fill out your application form
Please do not use whiteout on the declaration section. If you make a mistake, you can cross it out and initial next to the change. If you have signed incorrectly, please fill in a new form.
Online: https://online.passports.gov.au/Infiniti/Produce/Account/Login. This link will allow you to confirm that you are eligible to renew your adult passport.
Note: You cannot download blank forms.
After you have completed your form online, print it and sign inside the white box and date the application form. Make sure there are no alterations to signatures or dates.
Step 3 – Photos
Three identical colour photos that are no more than six months old. Please carefully check the Passport photo guidelines to avoid rejection. Home-printed photos are usually not acceptable as there are strict requirements. Please clearly print your full name on the back of one photo. Your photographs do not need to be endorsed by someone else.
What do I need to mail?
- Your printed and signed application form (Sign the form using black pen, within the signature box. Make sure there are no alterations or whiteout on the signature or the date).
- 3 recent photographs as per the Passport photo guidelines, with your full name written at the back of one photo. Do NOT attach the photos to the form as this may damage them. Ask your photographer to provide you with a soft copy of your photo (it could come handy in case physical photos turns out to be pixelated while scanning)
- DO NOT send any original documents.
Where do I need to mail?
Mail your applications to:
Australian Consulate-General, Mumbai
Crescenzo, 10th Floor, A wing, G Block, C-38 & 39
Bandra Kurla Complex
Mumbai 400 051
How do I pay?
- Applicable fees are mentioned at the end of this page.
- On receipt of your complete application, we will call and share a link (Gliderpay) with you (through email) to make payment for passport fee.
- Payment for mailed-in applications is accepted in AUD only.
- Incomplete applications will be delayed. Common issues include:
- Photos that don’t meet the guidelines, are digitally altered, or have inks marks on them
- Signatures must be inside the declaration ‘white’ box, and application forms dated using the correct format (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Check your form is printed in full – no parts of the form are cut short
- If your passport is damaged, please contact us to discuss prior to mailing in your application
In-Person lodgement of applications
Make an appointment to lodge your passport application
For Passport applications lodged in person at the Australian Consulate-General, Mumbai a prior appointment is required.
You can book your appointment via the link AustralianConsulateMumbai/Appointments
Lodge your application and pay the fee
Applications must be lodged in person at the Australian Consulate-General in Mumbai.
Things to bring:
- The completed and signed Australian Passport Renewal Application form
- Three passport photos as per the Passport photo guidelines, with your full name written at the back of one photo. Do NOT attach the photos to the form as this may damage them.
- Ask your photographer to provide you with a soft copy of your photo (it could come handy in case physical photos turns out to be pixelated while scanning)
- Your most recent Australian passport. It is important to bring your most recent passport to be eligible for a passport renewal
- Passport Fee
Discontinuation of frequent traveller passport
As of 1 December 2017, applications for the Frequent Traveller Passport (FTP) will no longer be accepted in Australia or overseas.
If you are a frequent traveller, and your passport has filled up but won't expire for more than two years, you can pay less for a 34-page 'replacement passport' that covers the remaining validity of your old passport. Alternatively you can pay the full fee to get a new passport with 10 years' validity.
Fees are set in Australian dollars, and converted into Indian Rupees. The exchange rate is reviewed monthly.
For in-person lodgement, we are only able to accept payment in Indian Rupees. Payment at the Consulate can be made by Credit or Debit cards.
We do not accept American Express (AMEX) Cards.
Passport Type: Fee (February 2024)
- 10 year validity passport (for persons aged 18 and over) INR 26,850 (AUD 501)
- Replacement passport INR 11,650 (AUD 217)
Note – (i) Courier Fee will apply, should you wish to receive your passport by courier.
(ii) Passport and Courier fees are non-refundable
Allow up to six weeks to receive your new passport.
If you have any questions, call us at +91 22 6757 4900 or email at [email protected]