Australian Consulate-General
Mumbai, India

Property and Mortgage Documents

The Australian Consulate-General can witness your signature on some land, mortgage or property documents, Certify documents and complete the DFAT Identity Certificate. Kindly note we are unable to complete or sign any other Identity Certification Form. 

Australian state and territories have different rules and requirements in relation to land or property transactions. Officers at the Australian Consulate-General, Mumbai are unable to provide any legal advice relating to your property and mortgage documents.

If you are unsure of the legislative requirements relating to the notarial service you require, you should seek independent legal advice and ensure you have the correct instructions prior to proceeding.


Who else can do this?

Check with your representative to see if someone else can witness or certify your documents.  Each state has different requirements, some useful links are mentioned below:


Fees paid for notarial services are non-refundable.